Sign Project Manager
Signs for San Diego a Commercial Sign Company. Looking for a Signage Job, are you a detail oriented? Sign Project Manager manages details for customer projects,
The Sign Project Manager does a range of things: The responsibilities include helping customers understanding what signs they need, working with the designer to prepare permit packages, then applying for permits. The Sign Project Manager takes the customer’s vision and makes it happen by helping production to make concrete steps within our system. The Job requires communication with the customer on the phone, email, and visits. You must learn to use ShopVOX. Sign Project management starts with a quotation and a conceptual drawing. The customer needs your help to understand and sign off on each sign. You will need to work with landlords, permit decks, vendors, and engineers. Internally you will schedule the signs into production. Help provide production drawings, a bill of materials, dates due and other details.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be responsible, honest, and enthusiastic
- Skilled in Microsoft Office required, Adobe Illustrator skills a plus. Ability to learn ShopVOX.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to manage detail and produce error-free work. Be a task master, dealing with customers, stakeholders, and internal staff to prepare project proposals, negotiate contracts and fees
- Professional demeanor and versatile people skills to work effectively in person, on the phone, with email and through documentation
- Reading and understanding blueprints floor plans
- Manage project documentation quotes, site surveys, permit and construction drawings, change orders, schedules
- Be able to use and develop efficient workflows
- Prior construction industry knowledge
- Prior experience in project management for signage or similar product required
- Prior experience in Sign Manufacturing and/or installation a plus.
- Prior Construction Experience a plus
- Activities and Skills
You must live HERE
- Live in the greater San Diego area, South Orange County or North County.
- Ability to visit customers locally, drive to customer and do a site survey, attend meetings.
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team-oriented environment a must.
- Be reliable, punctual, presentable, enthusiastic, and present honest, hard-working attitude.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects
Project Management Experience
- Great Microsoft Office Skills, Adobe Illustrator of design software highly desired,
- Read and use blueprints and drawings of buildings and signs
- Ability to prepare project proposals
- Basic math skills
- Bachelor s degree in Architecture, commercial art, or related field
- 5+ years of related project management experience
- Professional license or certification preferred: LEED accreditation
- Knowledge of building codes, standards and building structures
- Architectural Signage Project Management a plus. Basic technical understanding of architectural design and construction
- Prior construction industry knowledge is a plus!
- Strong writing and analytical skills and computer aptitude to quickly learn or adopt new software applications
- California Sign Association Membership
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION, SKILLS and/or EXPERIENCE:
Show attitude, aptitude, and skill, with a sense of urgency. A good driving record (A valid driver’s license). These qualities may be demonstrated with an AA or bachelor’s degree in a graphic design, fine arts, or similar study area. It may also be demonstrated with experience
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with general math, sizes, font scaling, project art board scaling, proportional letters, and other basic math used to make and size signs. Proficiency in Microsoft office (Excel, Word, and Power Point) and Adobe illustrator is helpful. The key requirement is to design with the correct scale and proportion.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to define problems collect data, establish facts, and draw valid, logical conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical and business information related to the requirements of this job.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
We are a drug free workplace, and we are serious about this