Title: Project Manager
The project manager takes the customer’s vision and realizes it through shaping that vision into concrete steps within our system. To do this you must communicate with the customer, the responsible stakeholders, production, purchasing, and installation. This is done via phone, in person, email and through ShopVOX. The communication starts with a quotation and a conceptual drawing. You need to help the customer sign off on these. Then communicate with the others required to approve the signs: develop the permit and construction packages, get these reviewed and approved, and set them up for execution. These create the landlord, customer and legal approvals. Internally you will schedule the signs into production. Production needs construction drawings, a bill of materials, dates due and other details to make what is desired. After monitoring production’s progress, you will coordinate the installation and finalize the order/s. Your role is to communicate this process to the customer, and be the facilitator for the steps so experts can do the specific jobs required to move the signs to completion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Be responsible, honest, and enthusiastic
- Skilled in Microsoft Office required, Adobe Illustrator skills a plus. Ability to learn ShopVOX.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to manage detail and produce error-free work. Be a task master, dealing with customers, stakeholders and internal staff to prepare project proposals, negotiate contracts and fees
- Professional demeanor and versatile people skills to work effectively in person, on the phone, with email and through documentation
- Reading and understanding blueprints floor plans
- Manage project documentation quotes, site surveys, permit and construction drawings, change orders, schedules
- Be able to use and develop efficient work flows
- Prior construction industry knowledge is a plus.
- Prior experience in project management for signage or similar product required
- Prior experience in Sign Manufacturing and/or installation a plus.
- Prior Construction Experience a plus
Activities and Skills
- Live in the greater San Diego area, South Orange County or North County is best
- Ability to visit customers locally, drive to customer and do a site survey, attend meetings.
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team-oriented environment a must.
- Reliable, punctual, presentable, enthusiastic, and have an honest, hard-working attitude.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects
- Project Management experience
- Must have great Microsoft Office Skills, Adobe Illustrator of design software highly desired,
- Ability to read and use blueprints and drawings of buildings and signs
- Ability to prepare project proposals
- Basic math skills
- Bachelor s degree in Architecture, commercial art, or related field
- 5+ years of related project management experience
- Professional license or certification preferred: LEED accreditation
- Knowledge of building codes, standards and building structures
- Architectural Signage Project Management a plus. Basic technical understanding of architectural design and construction
- Prior construction industry knowledge is a plus!
- Strong writing and analytical skills and computer aptitude to quickly learn or adopt new software applications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION, SKILLS and/or EXPERIENCE:
The real requirement is an attitude, aptitude and skill, with a sense of urgency. A good driving record (A valid driver’s license). These qualities may be demonstrated with an AA or Bachelor’s degree in a graphic design, fine arts or similar study area. It may also be demonstrated with experience
Experience: Generally, 3 – 7 years in Project Management
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret client documents, graphic files and drawings. Ability to work independently, safely and quickly. Spanish skills may be helpful
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with general math, sizes, font scaling, project art board scaling, proportional letters, and other basic math used to make and size signs. Proficiency in Microsoft office (Excel, Word, and Power Point) and Adobe illustrator is helpful. The key requirement is to design with the correct scale and proportion.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to define problems collect data, establish facts, and draw valid, logical conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical and business information related to the requirements of this job.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Ability to drive, walk, carry light loads, travel and function in an office environment
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment is a combination of office, industrial space and customer site with the majority being office. You are responsible to keep any music at low levels and keep a clean well-kept desk.
The above statement reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.
We are a drug free workplace